Can the API convert password protected pages?
Yes, the API can convert password protected pages.
- Basic authentication: you can use setHttpAuth().
- Cookie/session based authentication: you can set the session cookie with setCookies().
Other options that require some effort on your part:
- You can make the protected contents temporarily available on an impossible-to-guess URL:
And invalidate the URL after it has been visited or after certain time period.
- You can render the protected HTML contents to a string variable or a file and use convertString() or convertFile() respectively. If the HTML refers to external files (JS, CSS, ...)
- You can zip the HTML file and its external assets to a file and upload the zip file using convertFile().
- If the assets are accessible on the public Internet, they can be referred to using absolute URLs, or using relative URLs in combination with the <base> element.
Category: API v2