This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

Font issue (Calibri (Body))

shoban_babu1 wrote on 2012-05-23:
Hi Sir,

I am using the font type as "Calibri (Body)" in my html , but in pdf it is getting converted to "Arimo". I have seen some questions in the forum like this, the solution is font type need to be added to PDFCROWD system

Could you please add this font, as we have purchased the licence(TRX technologies).

Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
Shoban Babu M
+919620208200
support wrote on 2012-05-24:
Hello,

with respect to the functionality we provide, we do not install commercial fonts into our system in order to avoid dealing with licensing issues (font subsets are embedded into generated PDF files).

Generally, you have three options:
1/ You can buy a font license and use the font with CSS @font-face rule.
2/ Or use a free similar alternative font, for instance the Google Web Fonts API provides more than 500 free font families.
3/ Or choose from the fonts installed on our system

For completeness, here is a list of font formats the service supports:

1. TrueType
  2. OpenType with TrueType outlines
  3. WOFF wrapper

OpenType may also contain a glyph outline format called PostScript outlines. Support for this OpenType flavor is limited.
GDS wrote on 2012-10-04:
We may be doing this wrong, so please let me know what we are missing. We need to use the IDAUTOMATION OCRa font. We purchased and installed it on both our website server and on the development PC. We selected the font with the coding as follows:

<td class="top1_2" align="left" style="font-family:IDAutomationOCRa;font-size: 11pt;" width="56%"><%=str_OCR%></td>

It renders fine on the HTML screen, but when we open PDFCROWD link, it does not render as OCR.

Not sure what else would be needed in the CSS. What are we missing?? Need specifics, as we are not techies, just coders.

Thanks.
support wrote on 2012-10-04:
@GDS: Since that font is not installed in our system you have to upload it with the @font-face CSS rule. The following example assumes that the font is publicly available at "http://your.server.com/IDAutomationOCRa.ttf":
<html>
  <head>
    <style>
      @font-face {
        font-family: IDAutomationOCRa;
        src: url(http://your.server.com/IDAutomationOCRa.ttf) format("truetype");
      }
    </style>
  </head>

<body>
    <p style="font-family:IDAutomationOCRa;font-size: 11pt;">
      This paragraph uses the IDAutomationOCRa font.
    </p>
  </body>
</html>