This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

Pdfcrowd Error: 1 - What does this mean?

rebellion wrote on 2012-04-06:
I'm looping through an array of URLs, to create PDFs of them, but after number three, I get the following error: "Pdfcrowd Error: 1", but I can't seem to figure out what this means?
support wrote on 2012-04-08:
I have no idea what this could mean, the service does not return such error message. Please could you post your API integration code so we can take a look at it?
rebellion wrote on 2012-04-17:
The line that dumps that error "message" is the following:

} catch(PdfcrowdException $e) {
	die('Pdfcrowd Error: ' . $e->getMessage());
}

So indeed it's a message from Pdfcrowd as far as I can see. I haven't managed to reproduce the error with a status code, so hard to know why.
support wrote on 2012-04-18:
This indeed looks like a bug on our end. Any chance you could post the HTML code or the URL that gives you this error? Do you use headers or footers?

Thanks.
mmezzi wrote on 2012-04-23:
Pdfcrowd Error: Authentication failed. Please supply your username and your API key.
support wrote on 2012-04-23:
@mmezzi Re: "Authentication failed. Please supply your username and your API key."

You have to authenticate using your username and API key. You can find your API key on your account page.