This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

dynamic variable issue in convertURI function

joyb wrote on 2017-06-27:
Hi

i am facing a problem when i am using pdfcrowd with convertURI function. Problem is if the url inside the convertURI contains some dynamic variables it returns me error saying "unable to load the resource" but if i change those variable to static variable it generates the pdf correctly. Please suggest what can be done.

i am implementing it on php codeigniter framework..

Any help will be appreciated.

Regards
Joy Bhattacharya
support wrote on 2017-06-27:
Hello Joy,

Please check if your url is surrounded by double quotes. Single quotes doesn't evaluate variables in php.

If it doesn't help, please send a sample of your code to support@pdfcrowd.com.
Hi

Thanks for prompt reply. Really appreciate it

My problem was solved i was doing some small typo mistake which was causing that issue now my pdf is getting generated perfectly as i want.
Except there is one weird issue i am facing right now if i save my page using print command as a pdf then there is no background at the bottom but if generate pdf through pdfcrowd there is some grey background at the blank section of the page
what i want to know is that is it my code issue? if yes can it be rectify through defining "media print" for that page or there is some another way.

Regards
Joy Bhattacharya
support wrote on 2017-06-27:
Hello Joy,

Please send url or html file you are trying to covert to support@pdfcrowd.com
Hi

i did send the url in the above mentioned url please look into it and suggest proper solution