This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

Render page with javascript chart

adwire wrote on 2011-02-25:
Hi,

I'm looking for a HTML to PDF solution and I must say your service looks interesting. However, we use Highchart on our pages and each chart requests its content from a database. Sometimes it takes a while (up to 10 seconds) to load all data, so my question is basically if pdfcrowd will wait for some time before rendering the page so that all charts will be visible in the PDF?

Thank you in advance!
support wrote on 2011-02-25:
Hi,

The service cancels a conversion request if it takes more than ~40 seconds so you should be fine.

When printing Highcharts to PDF, it is also good idea to disable the initial chart animation where possible.
adwire wrote on 2011-02-25:
Thank you for your fast reply!

I understand that the service waits up to 40 seconds before aborting if the page take some time to load, but what I'm trying to say is that since Highchart is based on javascript, the chart doesn't request its data until the page is loaded. An "onLoad" function in <body> calls the chart script that makes the data request.
support wrote on 2011-02-25:
Well, in that case it depends. The service stops an onLoad script if it concludes that it runs for too long. The decision to abort the script is based on some heuristics so I am not able to say how this ends up in your case.

I suggest you to test your pages and let us know if they do not print correctly.