This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

Save as PDF 1.6 in Chrome gives up on 2nd use

raphaelbm wrote on 2012-11-13:
I have just installed your product as an extension in Google Chrome browser. Very impressive and I am sure I shall use it a lot to make "photographs" of web pages.

However...
When I use the Chrome Extension "Save as PDF" it works well and the current web page is rendered as PDF.
I get to download a file and save it.
- I open the file with my PDF Reader
- When I use it a second time the procedure fails with an error message telling me that the web page is the wrong format (unsupported). See attached picture.

Weird? What is the fix for this? Surely I don't have to reload my browser every time I use "Save as PDF 1.6"?
Any help appreciated. thx Raphael

Here are the details:

Save as PDF 1.6
Lets you download web pages as PDF in one click.

Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3 (build 2600)
RM plc CY25 CY25 Enclosure Type: Notebook
Processor: 1.60 gigahertz Intel Pentium 4 Mobile
8 kilobyte primary memory cache 512 kilobyte secondary memory cache Not hyper-threaded
Board: COMPAL ACY25 Bus Clock: 100 megahertz
BIOS: Phoenix Technologies LTD CY25_1.13R.02 07/21/2003

Google Chrome 22.0.1229.94 (Official Build 161065) m
OS Windows
WebKit 537.4 (@130860)
JavaScript V8 3.12.19.15
Flash 11.4.31.110
User Agent Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1) AppleWebKit/537.4 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/22.0.1229.94 Safari/537.4
Command Line "D:\Documents and Settings\Raphael\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --flag-switches-begin --flag-switches-end
Executable Path D:\Documents and Settings\Raphael\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe
Profile Path D:\Documents and Settings\Raphael\Local Settings\Application Data\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default
support wrote on 2012-11-14:
Hi, thanks for the detailed feedback. This seems to be caused by a recent Google Chrome update, we will look into it.
In the meantime, reloading the page (Ctrl+R) before a second use of our extension on the same page should help.
raphaelbm wrote on 2012-11-14:
Thanks. The workaround to just refresh before attempting another impression of the page works well.
support wrote on 2012-11-20:
We released version 1.7 today which should fix this issue.
raphaelbm wrote on 2012-11-20:
Hi guys, Fast work. I got v1.7 from GoogleWebStore and it works fine.
Thank you. PROBLEM FIXED
Raphael