This is an archived forum post. The information may be outdated. Contact us if you have any questions.

page-break Avoid

Jon wrote on 2013-12-02:
For some reason the css page-break-after: avoid and page-break-before: avoid doesn't work. Is this not build in?

Regards, Jon
support wrote on 2013-12-02:
Hello Jon,

page-break-after:avoid and page-break-before:avoid are not supported. The only page-break-* CSS property that our software supports and that implements the 'avoid' value is page-break-inside.
Jon wrote on 2013-12-03:
Are you planing to integrate this functions? We are building a Plattform (We use your service with the API) and this functions are essential for us
support wrote on 2013-12-03:
Hello Jon,

At this point, there is no plan on implementing this feature in the near future.
Jon wrote on 2013-12-03:
Can I ask why? The creation of good looking pdfs would be much easier. It is so hard to implement? Our company loves your service, but this leaks make it really hard...
support wrote on 2013-12-03:
The main reason is that it is hard to implement this feature correctly at this moment. It is possible that we will implement it in a future API upgrade but unfortunately I'm not able to give any ETA.

It depends on your use case but wouldn't be possible to work around this using page-break-inside:avoid? This is just an idea, but I'm thinking of something like this:

Let's say you have #div-1 and #div-2:
<div id="div-1"></div>
<div id="div-2"></div>

If you want to avoid a page break before the #div-2 element you could change the code like this:
<div style="page-break-inside:avoid">
 <div id="div-1"></div> 
 <div id="div-2"></div>
</div>

Would this help?
Jon wrote on 2013-12-04:
Could you give a message if you start implement this feature?
support wrote on 2013-12-05:
Hello Jon,

As I wrote before I'm not able to give any ETA on this.